Wednesday 9 March 2016

How Sound Affects Us - Negatives



The Sounds I Heard As A Child Vs Other People Around The World

























I made the poster on the right based on my childhood in London and me hearing police cars driving past my house because something happened. There was crime in the area that happened a lot and reports of gang fights and knife crime and I would see an area with police line which blocked my route to school so I had to change my route.

The design is simplistic, with the police line going along the face of the design. The pattern of circles is to represent the Doppler Effect; Which is a noticeable change in the frequency of sound, light or water waves as the source and the observer move. I experienced this sound every few months, and it made me feel a bit intimidated and scared because it happened mostly at night.

I thought about different places in the world that have it a lot worse. I thought about the places where children constantly hear bombs going of and screams of terror. These heart-breaking experiences can traumatize a child greatly.

So I thought about how I can visually present the sound of the explosions.

No comments:

Post a Comment