Saturday 5 March 2016

Proposal

FMP 2016


This year , I want to do and create something different. I spent a lot of time thinking about a narrative for my FMP, and it was not easy. I thought about how this FMP should be something that will highlight you as a designer. I knew i wanted to create something out of the box from what other people are doing. I didn't want to make just a zine or animation because that is something that I used to do a lot last year so I have grown bored of that.
I had a hard time thinking of  a narrative for my FMP that would be strong. So I spoke to a teacher who asked me what I usually do in my spare time and I said I just sit at home and play my guitar and he said I could do something that is related to guitar and I thought about it and how I can widen this idea. 

What is my narrative?
1st idea:
My first idea was how I grew up in an area in London and how I was affected by the sounds of police cars constantly.
2nd idea:
Using the 'Sounds' from my London idea I changed the topic to sound in general and titled this project 'Visual Sound' and wanted to create visuals of different sounds from different places around the world.

My target audience?
My target audience is the general public because sounds affects everyone, when we talk, it creates vibrations which is a frequency. 

Final idea:

Sound: And its Effects on Everything

In this project I want to explore sound and how it affects everything around us. I want to explore how it affects our emotion, bodies, memories, brain activity etc.
I also want to explore a certain location and how its sounds makes you feel a certain way. For example, a busy and noisy street with loud talking and road noises may make you feel uncomfortable whereas an open nature place with the sound of a rushing water and birds chirping gives you a feeling of tranquility.
I want to explore how sounds affect our minds. I believe that sound is more powerful than a photograph. For example if you remember a funny or crazy moment you experienced with friends and a certain song or sound was playing at the time; By listening to the music, you can almost relive that moment and smile to yourself. It is amazing how the brain can produce visuals and having sound can create a virtual environment. This way that the brain responds to sound affects our emotions is the most amazing way.


My deliverable:

My idea for my final deliverable, I want to make a virtual environment that will make my narrative clear to my audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment